Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Right Response to Sin

For years I thought the right response to sin
Included a lot of groveling. Maybe a few years’ worth,
If the sin was particularly egregious.

A friend told me about how,
After he was saved, he knew he needed to tell his mother
All his past. That would not be a fun conversation.

Before he started, though, the mother said,
“Son, whatever you tell me, it’s covered by
The blood of Jesus. Whatever you tell me,

It won’t make me love you any less.”
Is that not beautiful, and exactly correct?
If Jesus’ blood covers our sin,

Groveling is not the right response.
Sin is bad enough that Jesus had to die.
But, by grace, we don’t need to kill ourselves, too.

Shocking though it is to say,
Don’t let sin define you. Just lay it down.
And then run with endurance the race before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment