Thursday, June 19, 2014

Personal Space

I.
When flying, the normal personal space
Bubble vanishes. I sat inches away
From a stranger, and talked to someone
Unknown for an hour. I have her card now.
What might God do with that?

II.
While we waited to board the plane,
Four boys sat quietly as we read about King Arthur
And one slept on my back.
Mid-chapter, an older man
Invaded my personal space
(I could smell his toothpaste)
And said, “You’re pretty incredible.”
Then he sat down next to his wife.

Silly as it may seem, this single comment kept me sane
During a long flight where I wanted only to sleep,
But three exhausted sons kept arguing and flailing,
Precluding rest and shattering the calm I had projected.

Don’t miss an opportunity to encourage.
What might God do with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment