Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Prompted

All week long, the boys looked forward to watching
Batman cartoons with my friend.

After I sent the confirmation email,
Phil reminded me that we needed his computer.

I emailed right back to say, “Don’t come!”
But a bit later, my friend came with her computer.

This was all good, and the boys were thrilled.
But that is not the whole story.

My friend hadn’t gotten my second email.
She left her house and thought, “I should get my computer.”

So she went back and got it, though she never has before,
And brought it with her.

Phil and I laugh that God would care about
The pleasure of my children watching Batman

Enough to prompt his daughter.
What a wasteful extravagance of direction.

Or, as one friend said,
God must really love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment