Friday, October 31, 2014

Inspiring

Imagine if Christians became known as “the most encouraging, creative, loving, life-inspiring people I've ever met.” What if people far from God said about you, “I want to be around him because he calls out the best in me”? Why don't we see ourselves with that identity?

When I fell in love with Phil,
It was because he made me want
To be more like Jesus.

Could we do that now
For everyone we meet?

If “pointing out progress
Motivates forward movement,”

Would this work for my children?
For my friends?

Just how radical a life would this be?

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. Do you know where the phrase "pointing out progress motivates forward movement originated?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Burke wrote a book I like much: *Unshockable Love*. I snagged the quote from there.

    ReplyDelete