Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Perfect Day

Read of Christ for an hour and more.
Made food for my family.
Read aloud the Genesis account of Noah.
Put the baby to sleep.

Drove through falling leaves of vibrant color
And cried as I sang along with songs I love.

Spent four and a half hours with a soul friend,
Talking of missions and poetry and
The work of the Spirit and children’s books.

Back home, singing at the top of my lungs.

Ate the food prepared hours earlier.

Drove to town with the family,
Talking the whole way.

Three hours with dear friends.
Listening, singing, praying.
Hearing a word from the Lord for a friend.
Hearing a word from the Lord for me.
Surrounded by love.

Talking the whole way home.

Few days are perfect in every moment.

This one was all I could hope for on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment