Sunday, October 19, 2014

Better Day

I had thought nothing could top my Tuesday,
When my times of refreshing came from the Lord.

I was wrong.
Today, times of refreshing came for my friends.
And that was better.

Intense prayer offered an intense encounter with Christ,
And afterwards I left my farm and sobbed convulsively
That Christ brought truth at just the right time.
I see God in timing, and today was the fullness of time.

Then to a bridal shower, where we prayed for a beautiful friend.

Then to dinner, where we talked of the work of the Spirit,
Of the beauty of the people of God in the Church,
Of the transformation that happens one by one,
How that feels small in the midst of the world’s need.
Yet how powerful.

Then to an impromptu prayer meeting,
Well-attended despite last minute.
The Spirit brought hope and peace and thanksgiving
There among friends.

And home to talk: share concerns and hurts,
Not in acrimony but in calm and expectation.

Such a rich day.
Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment