Friday, September 12, 2014

Goosebumps

I woke up last week with a friend on my mind.
I had considered several times writing her
On a personal matter, but it was so personal,
And so not my business, I had chosen not to.
Multiple times.

But this waking impression was strong,
And so I wrote my little letter and sent it off
And heard nothing for a week.

Until today, when she said that the words
Were exactly the words that she needed
At that exact moment: “Thank you to God
For giving us a word, and thank you to you
For being in a place to hear it and pass it on.”

How gracious is God even in that response.
Today I had been reading a book
About the persecuted church,
And how the Lord is at work there.

As goosebumps rose on my arms,
I thanked God for this reminder:
That he is at work here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment