Friday, July 4, 2014

Direction

As a long-time Christian,
I have read charismatic prayer books
By people whom God directs every step
Clearly. Ask God a question, get a straight
Answer.

My experience of God is not so easy.
No crazy eight ball clear direction.
At times I’ve asked, and been confounded
By the lack of response, left to stumble
In confusion, concerned I’ve made a wrong choice.

But maybe even wrong choices aren’t always wrong.
One friend, sure he made a mistake,
Heard clearly, “It’s better this way.”
Did God simply redeem the wrong choice so it was better?
Or was it the right choice all along?

Currently, I prefer the idea of clarity
Enough. Is there a direction that has more peace?
Go there.
Practically, this means, “God, my day is yours.”
And then I live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment