Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Narratives of Self

It takes little to change
How I view myself.

Sometimes I think of myself
As kind and compassionate,
Competent and nurturing,
Efficient and effective.

It takes little to shake that,
To change to unkind and foolish,
Meddling and impotent.

Perhaps I need less reliance
On these self-imposed narratives,
And rest instead on truth.

With the rest of the church, we are
Blessed with every spiritual blessing,
Chosen before the foundation of the world,
Holy and blameless before him in love,
Predestined for adoption,
Redeemed through his blood,
Forgiven of trespasses,
To the praise of his glory,
Sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.

2 comments:

  1. OK Amy, are you spying on me?! Spot on post./ poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shocks me a bit how little is needed to completely change my perspective in a negative way.
    As with us all, I suppose.
    Thank you, as always, for reading.

    ReplyDelete