Sunday, August 16, 2015

Temporary

I told Phil this morning that I don't remember ever having a community where I felt like it was so thoroughly appropriate to me: intelligent, well-read, fun, full of life, real, grace-filled, following God despite difficulties.... I've had some of those in friends before, but not the whole package.

I've been through enough transitions that I know this is a temporary extra gift of grace, this side of heaven, but I hope I appreciate it to the uttermost before some or others move on. Thank you for providing space to make that gift happen.


Sunday, March 30, 2014:
Church, community group,
Dinner afterwards for a few.

We laughed so hard that night,
Lykoshes, DeLauras, Joseph Holm.
It remains in my memory as a gift of joy.

It never happened again,
Not like that.
I’m glad I appreciated it and said thank you when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment