Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Is This True?

I read a quote that resonated deep:
"The God who wastes nothing.”

I long for this to be true,
For God to use the good and the bad,
To make a mosaic of my life ,
With all the pieces for a greater whole.

But I think of William Carey,
Alone in India with his family almost starving;
With the years of painful translation burnt one night;
Dealing with a partner who turned false.

Missionaries with wives who go insane.
Missionaries with children who die.
Missionaries who end up more and more odd,
Until whatever good news they may have had ends up
Not very good.

I have long thought God’s economy is different from mine.

Does God waste nothing?
I don’t know if I believe it.

I’m not sure if that makes me more or less right.

No comments:

Post a Comment