Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Kitchen Sink

Within the first month of my new sink,
I inadvertently left some onion skins in
Overnight. Permanent stain.

For two years now, the stains have accumulated,
Until the bottom of the sink turned brown,
Even when wiped clean.

Buried in a drawer of warranties and instructions,
Today I came across the sink’s cleaning instructions:
Use a powdered cleanser and a scotch brite pad.

I would never have considered the scotch brite;
I assumed it would scratch.
So, expecting nothing, I put down the powder and scrubbed.

I wish now that I had before and after photos.
My sink has some scratches. Metal pans will do that, I suppose.
But the stains have vanished.

My sink is as white as it was the first month we had it.
Every time I walk by, I have a thrill of surprise.
My sink is no longer just a workhorse, but a showpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment