Thursday, September 3, 2015

Inspiration

A week ago or so, while reading the Word,
I thought that I should have all my sons
Go through their whole wardrobes.

Cold weather is coming,
And I have some doubt they have jeans enough.
We’ll travel at some point. Will there be anything to pack?

I have never done this thoroughly,
Always relying on hand-me-downs and gifts,
And a very occasional ancillary purchase, as needed.

This thought must have been from God.
All my sons have grown at least an inch since March.
My oldest, on review, had no clothes fit to wear in public.

My husband took him shopping for a complete wardrobe.
He called his mom, wondering how she managed his clothes’ shopping.
They were gone eight hours.

And they aren’t quite done.
Shoes, jackets, sweatshirts yet to come.
And then we must outfit the other four boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment