Friday, May 8, 2015

When the Days of the Siege Are Fulfilled

I woke in the night, overwhelmed by need.
So much to make right;
So much beyond me.

I went, that day, to visit a friend.
God gives her scripture references,
And the verse applies.

Ezekiel 4:19 does not exist, but 5:2 does,
A strange verse about dividing cut hair into thirds
“When the days of the siege are fulfilled.”

I planned to research that some more later,
To figure out if this was actually a word,
When my friend asked God if there was anything more.

And the answer came immediately.
This was what the man would do at the end of the siege.
He would still be standing.

I had woken and felt besieged.
There would be enough for me until the end.
I, too, would still be standing.

If creative interpretations of Scripture make you nervous,
Perhaps it’s because you haven’t
Had God speak to you that way yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment