Saturday, May 23, 2015

Opportunities

There are many opportunities in the world.
I think about the ones that call to me right now.

Exercise to get a beach fit body!

Cook from scratch! (Try gluten free,
Or paleo, or frugal, or ethnic!)

Music! Play the piano, play the flute!

Read to the boys! Their days with you are few!

Remember your spouse! Take time for him, too!

Don’t neglect the Scripture! There is always more there:
Memorize, or pray, or meditate; consider commentaries, history!

Hospitality! Invite friends, enjoy friends,
Counsel friends, celebrate with friends!

Don’t forget basic maintenance! From cleaning the kitchen
To keeping emails in the inbox below a thousand (ahem),
This category could be an entire life.

Writing! It calls to me.

Healing! (I should resume my homeopathy studies. I think.)

Reading! I have dozens of books, maybe hundreds of books,
That I am excited to read … someday.
And somehow reading telescopes out,
So that one book on one topic leads to more.

How to balance so many exciting opportunities?
I don’t think I do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment