Friday, May 24, 2019

Covered

I prayed, and looked at rentals.

Then chose one rental on the spur-of-the-moment.

They were all starting to run together.

I was sure that I would get to stay there that same day,

That we wouldn’t need to stay in a hotel.

So when, right before we left, the notice came:

“Come tomorrow; we’re full tonight,”

I was devastated.

I was looking for guidance! Had I not asked correctly? Or enough?


In retrospect, I can see:

We needed to stay in a hotel so I could get 

The Guide to the Outer Banks,

And all the little cards from the hotel lobby,

To help guide my thinking and clarify the plan.

And the Lord opened up the hotel fridge 

So none of our food went bad, despite 21 hours between houses.


In retrospect, I can see:

Even without linens, even with weird spiritual elements,

The house was absolutely perfect 


In location, in a beautiful shaded neighborhood, 

Close but not too close to the things we wished to do;


In situation, across the street from the sound,

That gorgeous body of water, 

Where the children happily played before breakfast and bed,

With the peace of two beautiful sunsets for the two nights we were there.


Thanks be to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment