Sunday, May 12, 2019

A Dream

My friend said,

At the end of her visit:


I dreamed I was in a foreign country,

In the house of suffering, along with many other women.

I had been raped and was carrying suffering’s child.

Then I somehow escaped with the Man of Sorrows.

I’m not sure it was Jesus, but it might have been.


We went down many streets, 

Through many crowds,

When the man turned to me and said,

“We must return to the house of suffering.”

I did not want to go back, but we returned.


The house had been ransacked in our absence.

Just one woman was there, hiding in a corner,

Weeping. 

Then the picture faded to black, with the word on the screen:

CHENIA.


I couldn’t get that word out of my mind.

When I looked it up, it’s a girl’s name,

The Hebrew word for 

Grace of God.

I’m not sure what this means, but I know it wasn’t from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment