Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Experimenting

I wanted to pray a half hour a day.
I’ve been trying, these three weeks and more.
I have missed on occasion, 
But tell myself to carry on. 
Don’t make it up, but get started again.
And I’ve experimented a little.

A half hour in the early morning is lovely,
But I don’t always get up in the early morning,
And don’t like starting school at 11am.

A half hour in the afternoon is fine on Sunday,
When I have a few hours with nothing to do,
But it’s stressful during the week, when I’m thinking
About work and dinner and whether I should take a nap.

Right now I’m a few days in to praying in the kitchen
Like Brother Lawrence, 
That monk peeling potatoes (or so I’ve been told).
It’s maybe not quite as focused, perhaps feels less powerful,

But also feels like it might be most consistently done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment