Monday, January 25, 2016

On Mount Zion

Then King David went in and sat before the LORD.

After three decades of Christ-following,
I am not often surprised.

So I confess my astonishment
When I learned that
During the time of David
The Ark of the Covenant
Was kept not in
The Tabernacle at Shiloh

But in David’s tent
On Mount Zion
In Jerusalem.

Sacrifices of animals,
The showbread,
The shofar
In Shiloh.

A new dispensation,
A sacrifice of praise,
Of instruments and voices,
Ascending to God
In Zion.

And a closer intimacy between
God and man.

3 comments:

  1. At the risk of nagging, are you perhaps choosing to stop writing this blog? I hope you're all doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Have you seen the Sonlight blog? http://www.sonlight.com/blog/

    Two posts this week, the two teasers from the catalog ... let's just say that I have been busy being creative, but in a different venue.

    Hopefully it will reach your mailbox very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete