Sunday, December 23, 2018

Best Day Ever

Besides a husband, down for the count,

And a lethargic son, throwing up,

And six hours without electricity,


I had such a lovely day.


I spent an hour finishing a hands-on project for school.

Will it make any difference in eternity?

None. But I bought it, and the boys worked on it.

So let me finish it.


I watched my favorite 25 minutes of Keira Knightley

In Pride and Prejudice. It’s a lovely movie . . .

But the book is better. 


I read and read and read to the boys. 

Picked up a record seven (!) packages at the post office.

Watched the boys open their matchbox cars from friends,

Then opened a box with three puzzles.

Isaiah took the 300 piece. Caleb and I did the two 60 piece.


We read by candlelight. 

Found enough food to satisfy ourselves during the power outage.

Cleaned the house a bit.

Tried two sudoku puzzles (both failed, but it’s okay).

Prayed.

Sank deep into the day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment