Monday, March 14, 2016

That Was Gross

In preparation for visitors,
We’ve been frantically cleaning
The well-used motor home.
Scrubbing the shower,
Washing out drawers,
Tearing out carpet.

I was in the middle of yet another hour
Using soap and muscles
To remove droppings and other nastiness,

When Caleb joined me.

He took off his shoe to show me
He had stepped in doggie doo-doo.
And in the process got some on his hands,
Which he wiped on his shirt,
And I looked down to see a trail
Of stinky spots from the door.

Sometimes it seems that no matter
How fast I clean,
The mess returns faster.

As I pulled open a clean drawer
To see a fresh dropping.

1 comment:

  1. A good friend once quoted from proverbs, paraphrased, a clean barn is an empty barn. I hold onto that daily, otherwise I'd go nuts. Homesteading, homeschooling and boys makes for mess. Your guests will doubtless be gracious! Happy to see you post again.

    ReplyDelete